The outdoors are a place to refresh, relax, and get re-energized. Grand Rapids is a hot spot for parks and outdoor recreation. If you are looking for trails to hike, bike, or run or perhaps a park that can offer new experiences, check out this list of 5 parks in Grand Rapids you need to check out!
- Grand River Park, Jenison. This is technically an Ottawa County Park, but it has a few unique features! There is a sensory trail where young kids can try to identify birds, walk over different textures, and other activities. The park also has a boat launch for kayaks and canoes and a fishing dock over a small lake. There are also 3 miles of hiking and biking trails to check out along the Grand River.
- Seidman Park, Ada. With over 400 acres of property and 5 miles of hiking trails, this park is accessible via two parking lots and the Ada township trail. One of the unique features of this park? There is a permanent Orienteering course! This is a great activity to try out with the family! You can download the map here.
- Aman Park, Standale. Just want an easy scenic trail? Check out Aman Park! This is a favorite of ours. With the longest trail being 1.5 miles, it’s a nice short trail through the woods by streams. You’ll feel like you aren’t anywhere near a city.
- Cascade Peace Park, Cascade. Beautiful natural trails through meadows and woods. Miles of trails make for a great afternoon hike.
- Riverside Park, Grand Rapids. Probably one of the most popular parks in Grand Rapids, there are biking and hiking trails as well as a great disc golf course all along the Grand River.
Did we miss your favorite park? Go share it with us on our Facebook Group!
We are your outdoor loving realtors! If you have any real estate questions or needs, we’d love to help!